Big Data MBA brings insight and expertise to leveraging big data in business so you can harness the power of analytics and gain a true business advantage. Based on a practical framework with supporting methodology and hands-on exercises, this book helps identify where and how big data can help you transform your business. You'll learn how to exploit new sources of customer, product and operational data, coupled with advanced analytics and data science, to optimize key processes, uncover monetization opportunities and create new sources of competitive differentiation.
Understanding how your business benefits from big data takes more than reading case studies or correcting implementing Hadoop and other new technologies. To transform a business with big data, business users and leaders need to learn the way data scientists think and how to put these new tools to use.
- Structure your organization to drive analytic insights
- Optimize processes, uncover opportunities, and stand out from the rest
- Help business stakeholders to “think like a data scientist”
- Understand appropriate business application of different analytic techniques
- Paperback: 312 pages
- Publisher: Wiley (29 February 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 8126559659
- ISBN-13: 978-8126559657
- Product Dimensions: 23.4 x 17.8 x 1.8 cm
About the Author
Bill Schmarzo has nearly three decades of experience in data warehousing, Business Intelligence and analytics. Currently, Bill is the CTO of the Enterprise Information Management and Analytics Practice for EMC Global Services. He was the Vice President of Analytics at Yahoo from 2007 to 2008.