This comprehensive book encompasses measurements in the growing fields of molecular biology and biotechnology, including applications such as cell engineering, tissue engineering and biomaterials. It addresses measurements in new fields such as cellular and molecular biology and nanotechnology. It equips the readers with the necessary background in electric circuits and the statistical coverage shows how to determine trial sizes.
Keep Up With Current Measurement Methods In The Medical, Molecular And Biotechnology Fields! Whether you’re interested in instrumentation for hospitals or for exciting new fields such as molecular, cellular, and tissue engineering, John Webster’s Bioinstrumentation will help you keep up with current measurement methods and techniques. The text begins with the basics of instrumentation systems and statistics, covers the necessary electronics, and then builds up from measurements on molecular and cells to measurements on organs and the body, Webster provides the most authoritative reference on the subject today.
Key Features · Covers measurements in new fields such as molecular biology, cellular biology, and tissue engineering, as well as measurements on organs and the body · Includes a separate chapter on the basic concepts of electronics · Statistical coverage prepares you for determining trial size · Coverage of microscopy provides the background you need to understand topics such as tissue engineering · Each chapter includes homework problems and references for further study · Web site contains extensive laboratory instructions, examination and quiz questions, and PowerPoint Slides of figures
- Addresses measurements in new fields such as cellular and molecular biology and nanotechnology
- Statistical coverage shows how to determine trial sizes
- Measurement Systems (Kevin Hugo)
- Basic Concepts of Electronics (Hong Cao)
- Surface Characterization in Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering (Jorge E Monzon)
- Cellular Measurements in Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering (Jeffrey S Schowalter)
- Nervous Systems (Jang-Zern Tsai)
- Lung, Kidney, Bone, and Skin (Shilpa Sawale)
- Body Temperature, Heat, Fat, and Movement (Chao-Min Wu)
- Paperback: 400 pages
- Publisher: Wiley (11 September 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 8126513691
- ISBN-13: 978-8126513697
- Product Dimensions: 22.8 x 15.2 x 1.8 cm
About the Author
John G. Webster is Professor of Biomedical Engineering at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He is the editor of one of the most widely used text in biomedical engineering: Medical Instrumentation: Application and Design, Third Edition (Wiley). In addition, he has developed 18 other books, including the Encyclopedia of Medical Devices and Instrumentation (Wiley), and about 150 research papers. He is the recipient of the 2001 IEEE-EMBS Career Achievement Award.