Business Intelligence provides coverage of a broad spectrum of topics currently dispersed throughout data mining and business books. In bringing these topics together for the first time the book provides readers with an introduction and practical guide to the mathematical models and analysis methodologies vital to business intelligence. Starting from a thorough description of decision support systems and data warehousing, the book then moves to a detailed presentation of methods for data mining and inductive learning data.
- Combines a detailed coverage with a practical guide to the mathematical models and analysis methodologies of business intelligence
- Is made accessible to readers through the careful definition and introduction of each concept, followed by the extensive use of examples and numerous real-life case studies.
- Brings together all these crucial issues in the same text for the first time.
- The original Italian version of the book demonstrates the buoyant potential market.
- Components of the decision-making process.
- Business intelligence.
- Data warehousing.
- Mathematical models and methods.
- Data mining.
- Data preparation.
- Data exploration.
- Time series.
- Association rules.
- Business intelligence applications.
- Marketing models.
- Logistic and production models.
- Data envelopment analysis.
- Paperback: 440 pages
- Publisher: Wiley (2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 8126541881
- ISBN-13: 978-8126541881
- Product Dimensions: 22.8 x 15.2 x 1.8 cm
About the Author
Carlo Vercellis - teaches courses in Operations Research and Business Intelligence, Professor Vercellis is director of the research group MOLD (Mathematical Modeling, Optimization, Learning from Data).